Essex Depot, Michigan Central Railroad

Near the intersection of Station Street and Fox Street just
northwest of downtown Essex, Ontario


Date of construction: 1887
Architects: Frederick Spier and William C. Rohns
Architectural style:  Richardsonian Romanesque as adapted for railroad depot
Components:  Fieldstones from Saginaw, Michigan with Credit Valley cut stone trim
Date of Rebuilding after explosion: 1907
Date of Renovation: 1992
Use in 2012:  Historical museum and meeting place



Return to Transportation

Return to Homepage